MacDonald Steel HiSpeed abort gates are an important part of any duct fire/explosion control system or leak detection/spark detection system.
When installed in ducting ahead of the inlet to filter baghouses, cyclones, or return air to buildings, explosion venting is provided by affectively redirecting sparks or flame to the atmosphere, away from personnel and/or equipment.
The gate release mechanism holds the diverting door in the normal operating position. An electrical signal from separate spark detecting equipment activates the Magna-Latch, thus releasing the spring-loaded gate to abort the airstream to atmosphere.
- Sizes from 4″ to 60″ diameter
- Limit switch provided for blade position indication
- Visual blade position indicator
- Heavy duty all-welded steel construction
- Flanged housing construction
- Can be outfitted with custom chuting or ducting
- Choice of primer and enamel colour
- All units tested before shipping
Please contact us for more information on abort gates and other leak detection/spark detection equipment.